Eh-team Menu

29 July 2008

Watching paint dry

coffee-thumb.gifYAY!!!! the painting is finished, and the house almost looks pre-hurricane again.  I just got back in from SK, where I went to see my 89 yr old grandma Harms.  She still has a sharp sense of humour, and a not so sharp sense of spatial relations.  Her 90th birthday party is scheduled for October, so my aunt Anita, my mom and I went shopping for an outfit for her.  Then the debate was whether to give it to her now, or wait until just before the party.  The motivator for the conversation was the fact that she had worn the pajamas that Anita had bought for Mother's day 24/7 for a week.  There's gratitude, and then there's Grandma H.  All in all, we had a lovely time.  Also had a chance to watch the chick-flick Mama-Mia with the gals.  Fun and goofy to the max.  What floors me is how many songs they actually shoehorned into the movie!
I have also placed our imminent garage sale on Kijiji for the  September long weekend.  it will be the Gramma of all garage sales. All the junk is basically weeded out already.  And monster cookies.  They are a Klassen garage sale tradition- we must sell cookies (and coffee- cookies are nothing without coffee- see above graphic)!!!
Now we need to list the place.
Rob showed me the stats- people are actually reading the blog- mental note: must write with some regularity.
Thanks for checking it out!

2 comments:

  1. Monster cookies!!! Almost worth the 5 hour drive to come down for some...

    ReplyDelete