Eh-team Menu

06 June 2009

No sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying ’till you run out of cake…

...And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are Still Alive....

WHEW! Mid year exam is over! We had a week to prepare, and prepare I did. And drank a lot of coffee.
And JUST because I bothered to memorize it AND it wasn't asked on the exam, I am going to spit out this equation for you:

PAO2= PiO2-PACO2/0.8.

Don't get it? Yah, I don't blame you. This is the lovely equation for the pressure of Oxygen at the alveoli of the lungs, which you then must compare with the aterial blood gas reading of PaO2. The norm is a ratio of less than 10mmHg. See? I DID study. Even better was a mention of Bare Lymphocyte Syndrome, an extremely rare immune condtion where no antibodies are produced. Glad I paid attention in Immin 452 during undergrad, even if I will NEVER see this in real life practice. I promise.
Rob is in the air somewhere as I type. It is currently 1 in the morning, and I am too excited to sleep. YAY!! Can't wait to see that man!!
The majority of the medical class ended up going to the bar afterwards. I went, but the Red Room (UQ's campus bar) is not my thing, and the service was the slowest on the planet. So a good friend of mine, Lynette and I headed for RE, a pub in Toowong. We then walked back into the city, and enjoyed an impromptu Latin dance party right outside the coffee shop where we were having desserts and tea. Sometimes i love this city!
The plane lands at 10:55 am, and I have no idea what happens after that. A lot depends on how beat Mom B and Rob are after 37 hours in airports and planes. Or they may be revved and ready to explore Brissie. Whatev.

No comments:

Post a Comment